October comes alive in Adelaide with 12 events and festivals on offer
Wednesday, 20 September 2017
A vibrant and diverse calendar of major events to be held in South Australia throughout October is expected to generate millions of dollars for the state.
The following major events and festivals are anticipated to significantly boost the state’s economy as thousands of event goers stay at city hotels and dine out at restaurants:
- OzAsia Festival - 21 September to 8 October - ozasiafestival.com.au
- Open State - 28 September to 8 October - openstate.com.au
- Indofest - Adelaide 1 October - indofest.com.au
- Hybrid World Adelaide - 4 to 8 October - hybridworldadelaide.org
- Festival of Architecture and Design - 5 to 8 October - fad.org.au
- Adelaide Film Festival - 5 to 15 October - adelaidefilmfestival.org
- Bridgestone World Solar Challenge - 8 to 15 October - worldsolarchallenge.org
- Adelaide Fashion Festival - 11 to 15 October - adelaidefashionfestival.com.au
- Vogue Festival - 13 to 14 October - adelaidefashionfestival.com.au
- Tarnanthi Festival of Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art -13 to 22 October - tarnanthi.com.au
- Ferment the Festival - 19 to 22 October - fermentthefestival.com.au
- Vegan Festival - 28 to 29 October - veganfestival.info.
The packed program will build on South Australia’s tourism achievements. International and interstate visitors have pumped a record $6.3 billion into the economy. The recent State Budget provides an additional $14.5 million boost to South Australia’s events and conventions bid funds.